Unless you've been living off the grid, you've undoubtedly heard of automation. However, automation has various categories depending on their use—including robotic process automation, an element of your enterprise workflow automation strategy.
While workflow automation improves human efficiency in a given department—for example, our Deduplication Wrkflow that automatically clears redundant sales data—enterprise workflow management solutions are designed for multiple departments. Enterprise workflow management is a no-code tool that companies use for growth efforts. Instead of deploying one workflow that helps one human team, every team can use the tool.
Why would you need enterprise workflow management solutions?
Enterprise workflow automation is a good idea when you have departments that rely on the same data and processes. It helps organize data, so it's easily accessible for marketing and human resources, as examples, while reducing manual data entry tasks.
Enterprise workflow management solutions can help you improve your processes' efficiency and ensure that your teams can always talk to each other. It can also grow with your company with easy integration.
Other benefits of enterprise automation include:
- Greater security, guarding your electronic data, and assessing cyber threats
- Customer success, to help follow up on sales and address any service issues
- Finance tools to track spending and cost-saving opportunities across the company
- Updates can be more easily implemented throughout the organization
- Saves costs of training new staff on basic processes
How automation works across one department or an entire company is similar. You, the human, set the rules and parameters of what you want to be automated. With enterprise workflow management, you can automate many complicated processes. It also provides a way for staff at different levels in different departments to utilize the no-code tools.
Keep in mind that the goal of enterprise workflow automation is to serve as a solution across all departments. Suppose you need more flexibility in how your departments work, or some of your human teams won't benefit. In that case, individual workflows might make more sense.
Which operations can use enterprise workflow automation solutions?
Typically, larger companies with a lot of moving parts make use of automation to coordinate their efforts. A few of the industries making the most use of enterprise automation include:
• Supply chain businesses can use automation to ensure all data is updated, which helps teams in various countries stay on the same page.
• Transport companies can use automation to provide much better access to information for customers, all viewed in one convenient location. Enterprise workflow automation can also help the travel industry by making it easier to get new drivers on board. (We also have an Employee Onboarding & Offboarding Wrkflow to speed up this time-consuming process, whether you're a travel-related business, a construction company, or a healthcare clinic.)
• B2B companies can automate the efforts of their marketing and sales teams for more effective sales to larger clients. (Meanwhile, you can try our Personalized Pitch Deck Creation Wrkflow to customize marketing messaging easily.)
Many companies are also using enterprise automation to better keep track of finances and accounting across the board. Customer service is another area heavily automated in various departments as chatbots get smarter thanks to artificial intelligence.
Enhance your existing teams in all departments
The goal of enterprise workflow management solutions is to make everyday tasks easier and take some pressure off your key people. Your existing talent will still oversee automated tasks or help maintain the network.
Many companies are outsourcing their enterprise workflow automation for easier integration. This is because some proprietary systems require a lot of money and time to modify, making third-party no-code tools more popular.
Implementing enterprise workflow management can be simple. Many services offer no-code tools designed for easy integration while boosting process efficiency.
Wrk can help you choose automation tools that best serve your needs, whether you're a small business or a multi-national corporation. Learn more by booking a demo.