There are many software solutions available to businesses to identify sales prospects and gain insights, among other valuable functions. These software tools can be valuable on their own, depending on the application, but they are even more useful when you can integrate them with your own systems. That's where Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) comes into the picture.
IPaaS is a cloud-based service that can streamline how software applications are deployed. This is done by using custom settings to meet your needs across various platforms.
What is Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)?
Put simply, iPaaS ensures all of your chosen applications are seamlessly integrated with your business systems.
While this was once a manual job, iPaaS can handle app integrations without a human writing unnecessary code. More specifically, Integration Platform as a Service allows new applications to quickly be added (or removed) to your business processes, without needing to design an API interface that can take a month or more.
IPaaS simplifies the integration process, allowing you to customize functions. It also allows authorized users to access up-to-date data across all platforms.
IPaaS is one of the fastest-growing markets, estimated to be worth almost $14 billion by 2026. While it comes with many benefits, there are also some drawbacks that can be solved with our automated Wrkflows.
Common Features of iPaaS
While not all iPaaS solutions are designed the same, they tend to have some features in common across the board.
These features include:
- Pre-built data connectors that update automatically
- Customizable workflow triggers
- Seamless API integration
Let's take a closer look at some of the advantages of these app integrations, and some of the challenges:
Pros of iPaaS
• Speed/ease of use. You don't need to have an IT department to handle every aspect of your app integrations. IPaaS allows your teams to easily add new apps (without complicated coding), or remove ones that are no longer serving your needs efficiently.
• Long-term cost-efficiency. IPaaS can easily be adapted to your current IT systems without wasting resources. It can also eliminate costs related to system maintenance and upgrades. A company can also choose its iPaaS plans depending on usage.
• Superior data handling. When managing apps using an integration platform, you can rest assured that the data is kept current for various departments.
• Achieve sales targets. Using iPaaS to integrate your applications can help identify quality sales leads, close deals more efficiently, and achieve your KPIs. The latter metric is especially important is you're scaling your business, which app integrations help make easier too. (Check out our Sales Wrkflows, including sales list management, as well as quote development.)
• Data safety. IPaaS also boosts your data security, while ensuring it's compliant with any regulations.
Cons of iPaaS
• Many options – almost too many. Because iPaaS is a steadily growing market, there are many choices out there. However, not all iPaaS will be suitable for your applications. Without someone knowledgeable in the organization to narrow down the offerings, it can be a challenge to find the right fit.
• Possible human error. While adopting app integrations is generally a good move to cut down on manual tasks, there's still some room for human error. Companies will have to hire supervisors to make sure the platform doesn't cause any problems.
Note: This also means you will also likely need to train non-IT staff how to properly use an Integration platform to maximize its benefits. Because of the resources required to do this, not all staff can get involved with implementation.
• Expensive up-front. Depending on the Integration Platform as a Service, you may pay more than you need to in the short term while you figure out if the product checks all of your boxes. It can also cost you staff time for any required training on the platforms.
Wrk is an automated platform that can eliminate all of the cons listed here. What's more, team members without much tech knowledge can perform integrations. Even though a hybrid approach still allows for human input, costly mistakes are less likely to happen when live experts are around.
Why companies are turning to Integration Platforms for their applications
IPaaS platforms can greatly simplify app integrations, without a great deal of expertise. You can use iPaaS solutions for data migration, app integrations, and more.
There is a wide range of benefits for your in-house teams:
- Can be used with your company's legacy systems (existing technology)
- Allows accurate data to be easily shared across departments
- Frees up time for your sales teams to focus on growing revenue
- Improves the customer experience (along with our Customer Success Wrkflows)
You can save time and money with Wrk's hybrid automation Platform. The no-code, end-to-end Wrkflows make it insanely easy to get started! You only pay for what you use, and the platform can readily grow with your operation.
Contact us today for a quick call with the Wrk team.