When it comes to marketing and lead gen, social media is great—but it's not everything. Did you know that email outreach is proven to be 40 times more effective than social media? The issue is, of course, that email marketing takes time. It's not a set-it-and-forget-it type of task; you have to carefully cultivate lists, write personalized messages, and track responses.
This is where HubSpot comes in. HubSpot's email outreach tools make it easy to generate messages based on pre-saved templates so you can focus on the most important task: writing copy that converts leads to sales.
When is the best time to use email marketing?
Your outreach and marketing strategy will likely involve a number of touchpoints, both online and offline. Email outreach is typically used for—you guessed it—outreach. This is the first direct, intentional contact you make with a lead, and it should be done thoughtfully. Why is this the best time for email marketing?
Put simply, an email is going to feel more personalized than a social media post. It's also more customizable and you can use HubSpot to make different email templates depending on who you're reaching out to.
In terms of the most optimal time of day to send email outreach (for the literalists out there), HubSpot has actually confirmed through research that 9 AM to 12 PM and 12 PM to 3 PM yield the highest engagement rates.
Email outreach: HubSpot benefits
According to Rebecca Riserbato at HubSpot, personalization is the main benefit of email-based outreach. Emails give you total freedom to control the tone of voice, length of content, colors, fonts, and overall design. You can also include links, images, and calls-to-action (CTAs).
But that's not all:
- Personalized engagement builds connections. No one wants to feel like they're being spammed with generic content. When you personalize your engagement, you're building a relationship with that person—even if they don't convert right away.
- Emails keep your company top-of-mind. Send a killer outreach email, and no one will forget your brand in a hurry.
- Marketing and promotion are easier via email. You can easily share links to content, product pages, and other important information. Plus, you can track click-through rates (CTRs) so you know what's working and what's not.
- Nurture your leads into paying customers. Since emails can be both short and long-form, you can send out value-packed content that educates your leads and warms them up to your product or service.
Yes, email might be an ancient form of communication these days—but it remains one of the most effective ways to reach out and connect with leads.
How to use HubSpot for optimal email outreach
HubSpot is the utility knife of marketing automation software; it's got everything you need to make sales, from lead generation right through to closing the deal. So how do you use it for email outreach?
1. Generate leads.
HubSpot offers free lead gen software that makes it easy to capture leads and enrich them with information.
2. Create personalized email templates.
HubSpot's drag-and-drop email builder makes it easy to create beautiful, effective emails that stand out in recipients' inboxes. Plus, you can save your favorite template designs so you don't have to start from scratch every time you want to send an email.
Hubspot email templates make creating personalized emails a breeze.
3. Automate your email outreach process.
With our Personalized Email Marketing Wrkflow, every new lead generated will trigger a 4-step process:
- The new lead is classified based on a checklist of your creation.
- Two facts about the lead are sourced from LinkedIn.
- The facts are used in conjunction with your pre-made HubSpot email templates to create a personalized message.
- The email is sent to the lead through HubSpot.
With a process like this, you're going to save a ton of time on your email outreach—not to mention see a significant boost in open and click-through rates.
HubSpot isn't the only email outreach platform around, of course; platforms like Mailchimp and Constant Contact offer similar features. But HubSpot's tight integration with the rest of its marketing automation software—combined with our Hybrid Automation Platform, which grants access to the Wrkflow outlined above and many others—makes it a fierce competitor in the email outreach space.
How to write the perfect email
Now that you know how to get those emails automated and sent out, there's one more important step: writing the perfect email. You'll need to do some testing to find what works best for your business, but here are a few things to keep in mind when crafting your email outreach template:
- Keep it short and sweet. We're all busy, right? Often, the draft you write in 1,000 words can be easily communicated in 500 or less. So don't be afraid to edit down.
- Personalize it. HubSpot makes it incredibly simple to save email templates for different types of leads; for instance, you might address a potential customer differently than you would a partner or media outlet. Think about your different audiences and write accordingly.
- Use an attention-grabbing subject. 'Do you need an amazing copywriter?' is obvious and sales-y, but 'I heard you're looking for me' immediately piques curiosity.
- Start with a story. Humans are hardwired to respond to stories, so open with one (even if it's just a sentence or two). This will help your email stand out in a sea of generic 'just checking in' messages.
None of these tips will matter without a strong email outreach strategy, though, so get your HubSpot automations set up pronto. See you in your inbox!
Learn more about our Marketing Wrkflows and check out our marketing eBook Turning Lemons Into Lemonade to discover how we can help you level up your efforts today!