The question on everyone's mind these days is, "How can we optimize our business processes without adding extra cost?" The answer is simple: business process automation, or BPA. For a little extra sweetness, we will even add in eliminating human error AND reducing security risks.
Implementing automation helps your business grow and allows employees to do their jobs more efficiently. We can all agree that we would all rather have fewer tedious things to do on our lists. Businesses have started using tools and software to help their teams to save time.
We know that change can be daunting, so we're here. We know getting a company-wide consensus to take on a new challenge is difficult. But what if we told you that you wouldn't need extensive IT or coding or wouldn't have to wait weeks to see results? Let's break down some of the vital information to know before deciding what to implement.
What is business process automation?
Business process automation (BPA) is when you use software to automate repetitive daily tasks that bog you down and steal your focus. When you compare it to other types of automation like IT automation, robotics process automation, AI, or even Machine Learning, the solution is slightly more complex because it guarantees that you're connected with all other departments in the company.
BPA is tailored specifically to your business processes. Organizations frequently use business process automation to streamline workflows throughout the organization. It helps keep all the data accessible to all and breaks down silos by guaranteeing transparency. It also promotes cohesion and collaboration.
Business process automation vs. robotic process automation (RPA)
BPA and RPA are complementary technologies; for some automation platforms like Wrk, they go hand-in-hand in your digital transformation. BPA looks at the overall, end-to-end process of the business, while RPA uses software robots (also called "bots") to do individual tasks that a person would do. Therefore, RPA is a subsection of your overall business process automation strategy.
It might sound complicated, but the key thing to remember is that BPA and RPA have the same end goal: to execute business functions more efficiently. BPA uses RPA to accomplish this.
Why should you care?
Business process automation uses technology like bots, API, and RPA to execute otherwise manual tasks automatically. Automation doesn't aim to override human input; it's quite the opposite. The goal is to enhance the best parts of your human employees, like creativity, empathy, and outside-the-box solution-finding.
There are other benefits as well and the top ones that come to mind are:
- More efficient results. Automating a process can go faster and with fewer errors when automated workflows are on the job. Part of this is removing the human component. Still, the other part is taking full advantage of the perks of technology: multi-tasking and working 24/7.
- Standardized results. Purely by definition, automation only works if the steps being automated can be done over and over again. This process guarantees not only standard quality but also predictability.
- Customer support. Expecting your staff to be available all day every day, is a lot to ask. With our employees working in different time zones and remotely, it's only sometimes possible to answer every question immediately. Automation can do this instantly.
Business processes available to be automated today
Automation platforms like Wrk help you connect all your business processes. You heard us, ALL of them. From automating your lead enrichment and data management to generating reports or onboarding new clients. There is no need for code, and your IT team will bear no additional burden.
We combine the best technology on the market with a highly skilled community of workers. We don't remove the human element; we take it on for you. This enables your team to focus on what they do best, while our platform helps you deliver creative and efficient results.
Here are some of the many Wrkflows you can automate today:
- Client Onboarding. Automate the onboarding process by connecting with Zendesk, Salesforce, and many more applications.
- Lead Enrichment. Incomplete data will not help you get the best leads. Our hybrid approach enables you to find the missing information and update your lists.
- Prospecting. Sourcing new leads likely takes the bulk of your time. Imagine you had help, and the process no longer was manual. The Wrkflow sends personalized emails and can even do the lead scoring in your chosen CRM.
- Customer Retention & Growth. Businesses depend on their customers to grow. Making sure your customers are satisfied takes a village. In this case, it takes your team AND automation. You focus on adding the human touch, and we focus on the tasks that can be automated like sending out surveys to check satisfaction.
- Market Research. In a data-driven world, having automation as your ally for research can help you get ahead of your competitors. Research is time-intensive; imagine the possibilities if you can save a few hours a day.
For more information on the business strategies you can automate, check out our list here.