AI and automation are not only here to stay. They are also having quite an impact. There isn't an industry today that hasn't somehow benefited from digital transformation. No one can create more hours in the day, but they do want to be able to do more with the hours they have. You need the right tools, a stroke of good fortune, hard work, and inspiration to get the most out of your day. We've been reading a lot of AI and automation quotes lately and wanted to share them with you.
Who's using automation and AI?
According to McKinsey & Company, less than 5% of all jobs can actually be fully automated using currently available technologies. On the other hand, approximately 60% of all jobs have at least 30% of their constituent activities that can be automated.
At Wrk, we know all the benefits of automation but don't just take our word for it. Now that the definitions are out of the way let's get down to the brass tax. What are leaders and other experts saying about AI and automation?
Here's a list of 25 AI and Automation quotes to inspire you
- "There's a lot of automation that can happen that isn't a replacement of humans, but of mind-numbing behavior." - Stewart Butterfield
- "The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency." —Bill Gates
- "Whatever you are studying right now, if you are not getting up to speed on deep learning, neural networks, etc., you lose. We are going through the process where software will automate software, automation will automate automation." —Mark Cuban
"Rather than wringing our hands about robots taking over the world, smart organizations will embrace strategic automation use cases. Strategic decisions will be based on how the technology will free up time to do the types of tasks that humans are uniquely positioned to perform." —Clara Shih
- "The way you deal with automation is by upgrading people's skills so they can get the jobs of the future." —John Delaney
- "You cannot endow even the best machine with initiative." —Walter Lippman
- "Automation is good, so long as you know exactly where to put the machine."—Eliyahu Goldratt
- "Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine that would understand everything on the web. It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing. We're nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and that is basically what we work on." —Larry Page
- "Some people call this artificial intelligence, but the reality is this technology will enhance us. So instead of artificial intelligence, I think we'll augment our intelligence." —Ginni Rometty
- "Anything that could give rise to smarter-than-human intelligence — in the form of artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces, or neuroscience-based human intelligence enhancement — wins hands down beyond contest as doing the most to change the world. Nothing else is even in the same league." —Eliezer Yudkowsky
- "Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower." —Alan Kay
"Dig into every industry, and you'll find AI changing the nature of work."—Daniela Rus
- "It's going to be interesting to see how society deals with artificial intelligence, but it will definitely be cool." —Colin Angle
- "There is no reason and no way that a human mind can keep up with an artificial intelligence machine by 2035." —Gray Scott
On using automation
- "I predict that, because of artificial intelligence and its ability to automate certain tasks that in the past were impossible to automate, not only will we have a much wealthier civilization, but the quality of work will go up very significantly and a higher fraction of people will have callings and careers relative to today."—Jeff Bezos
"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."—Elbert Hubbard
- "What is happening with automation and globalization, that's not going away." —Campbell Brown
- "There will still be things that machines cannot do. They will not produce great art, great literature, or great philosophy; they will not be able to discover the secret springs of happiness in the human heart; they will know nothing of love and friendship." —Bertrand Russell
- "Robots are not going to replace humans, they are going to make their jobs much more humane. Difficult, demeaning, demanding, dangerous, dull – these are the jobs robots will be taking." —Sabine Hauert
- "Success in creating AI would be the biggest event in human history. Unfortunately, it might also be the last, unless we learn how to avoid the risks."—Stephen Hawking
- "As more and more artificial intelligence is entering into the world, more and more emotional intelligence must enter into leadership." —Amit Ray
To get inspired by automation, connect with one of our experts today.